Friday, January 23, 2009


Well, we made it to florida. It sure is cold down here! The past several mornings we have even had frosts! Can you believe it?! Southern Florida, and killer frosts. what a time we have had thus far too. The second day here we spent the day in the E.R. with Nathan. He was standing up, supported by the couch and found a comb. He picked it up, stuck it in his mouth, and then fell on it-face first. It sliced a one inch gash in his right tonsil. The bleeding was profuse. At first we thought it was once a scrape to the roof of his mouth. But upon further investigation-after an hours worth of crying, I found the gash on his tonsil.I was completely horrified! I screamed for Mike and told him we were going to the hospital. The poor little guy ended up crying for 5 hours straight. Only falling asleep for maybe 15 minute intervals. He was in SO much pain.Finally, they gave him some pain medicine and he was out like a light. They prescribed some amoxicillin to ward off infection and let us go. We followed up with the Throat Dr. the next morning and he took a look-nearly broke a popcicle stick as he forced open his mouth to look.Good grief! I was nearly ready to tell him to get his stick out of there and quit it! But he was done-right before the stick broke in two. Ugh. On top of all of this, he is teething profusely.He is in so much discomfort it's nearly unerving. Poor little guy! The pain seemed better controlled yesterday, but today, he is miserable yet again.I was really thankful that Mike's grandparents were able to watch Hannah for us while we went through this ordeal with Nathan. After we got home from the hospital, I took Hannah over to the park to let her play and get some of her excess energy out. She really had a blast playing on the swings and slides and crawling through tunnels. This morning she (Hannah) fell off the piano bench and bit her lip open. Whew. I think we are at the bad end of luck these days! The sun is out and the day is supposed to warm up to 70* today! sounds like a winner. That, and in a little while, we should be getting our internet and phone turned on and I will again be connected to the outside world. Hurrah for that!One big problem we are having is Hannah and naptime. She either doesn't take one, or she just lays there on her bed for 2 hrs. and doesn't ever fall asleep. And then, to add chaos to misery, when I put Nathan in the room to go for his nap, he wakes her up, if she's asleep. Or,vice versa. I'm going to have to put nathan in a separate room for the afternoon nap. Because the one room thing is NOT working. At any rate, we're keeping busy, full time. I'm running up and down stairs after children, etc... and from one end of the house to the next. I'm pretty tired from it all. To top it off, there are no curtains in the room, so the kids are awake at the crack of dawn! Ok. I am done. I'll write more later. When I have better things to write of! We really are enjoying warmer'ish' temperatures! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word!! Poor little Nathan! You have had a time of it!! I hope things go better for you! Love ya!