I was reading my friend, Jessica's blog today and LOVED this idea that she had posted today! I hope she doesn't mind that I share it with y'all. It really inspired me and I want to do this. Like Jessica, my heart is heavy with the desire for my children to know and love Jesus. For them to follow Him all the days of their lives and to be strong in Him. So, take some inspiration from this inspiring post on prayer for your kids!
The idea is to pray 7 times a day for the next 7 days for your children. Pray specifically for them. Pray out loud for them. Write the prayers down on some index cards and carry them with you so you don't forget. I'm going to do it for my children. I have a huge burden on my heart for them to love Jesus. What a privilege it is for us as parents to be able to pray for our children!
Pray 7x7 - To help you remember these prayers are specific to the time of day you pray them.
1. When they wake up: "Let the morning bring (child's name) word of your unfailing love, for (he/she) has put (his/her) trust in You. Show (her/him) the way (she/he) should go, for to you (he/she) lifts up her soul." (Adapted from Psalm 143:8)
2. When they are getting dressed: "Therefore, as God's chosen child, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Lord, help (him/her) bear with others and forgive whatever grievances (he/she) has against others. Help (him/her) forgive as the Lord forgave (him/her). And over all these virtues, help (him/her) put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." (Adapted from Colossians 3:12-14)
3. While they are eating: "Teach (child's name) the secret of being content in any and every situation whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Teach (him/her) that (he/she) can do everything through him who gives (him/her) strength." (Adapted from Philippians 4:12-13)
4. When they go out of the house: "(Name of child), do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will." (Adapted from Romans 12:2)
5. While they are taking a bath: Lord, give (name of child) clean hands and a pure heart, and let (him/her) not lift (his/her) soul to an idol or swear by what is false. Let (him/her) receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God (his/her) Savior. Let (him/her) be part of the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob. (Adapted from Psalm 24:4-6)
6. When they are going to bed: "The Lord Your God is with you; he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, be will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)
7. While they are sleeping: "I pray that (name of child) will do everything without complaining or arguing, so that he/she may become blameless and pure, a child of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which he/she shines like a star in the universe as he/she holds out the word of life-in order that he/she may boast on the day of Christ that he/she did not run or labor for nothing." (Adapted from Philippians 2:14-16)