God has been teaching me a lot lately. To get to where He wants me to be may not always be a frilly journey. It's a road coated with tears and sweat and prayer. But so long as we cling to Jesus through the stormy times, we will make it through with clearer and brighter vision.
I've been pondering this post for several days now. In one sense feeling like I have absolutely nothing to share on my little space of the world wide web, and in another sense, knowing that there are others out there going through similar journeys and perhaps they can be encouraged. And then, how much does one really share with the world? What should be left as merely personal? I've decided to share. Because life IS a journey and we're on this road together.
So what have I been learning lately? Here are some thoughts, all very randomly written so please bear with me.
1. I have been learning that (and I DO say learning, not learned) it's ok to speak my mind, to have an opinion and to mean what I say. Doing so carefully, and being in tune to the Spirit, I can do so tactfully and lovingly. It's good to have an opinion, even if it differs from those around me.
2. It's good and even important to stand firm in the things that I believe in. By doing so, those around me will see that I am serious and not blown around in the wind so to speak. I aim to be firm in principle and to ideal.
3. I can respectfully say "no."
4. Marriage is a very sacred covenant and it takes much prayer (and grace) to succeed with joy.
5. Realizing that I am a very selfish person in need of God's abundant grace helps me to look past the faults in those close to me and become better equipped to share my love with them despite how I may be feeling, rather treating them as I would LIKE to be treated.
6. Life is not always a bed of roses, and it doesn't always go according to plan. How I decide within myself (with God's help) is going to determine how I make it through those thorny times.
7. God has given me a serious task to do, raising 3 Godly, obedient children for Him. Am I going to let Him down? Or am I going to go forth with God's help and train my children up for Him? It's a big task and it's not for the faint of heart.
8. By standing firm, I not only gain respect from my children, but I also gain it for myself.
9. A woman should be the queen of her household, but that title at times has to be worked for.
10. Finally, looking back on the verse I chose for this year's aim: "Let us not be weary in well-doing, for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."
So there you have it. 10 points that have really struck home to me lately. They say life is a journey and sometimes you have to travel to find yourself. Of course, wherever you go, there you are.... And sometimes it's not always the best version of yourself that you find. For me, that has been partially the case. It's been a journey, but I'm learning some important lessons along the way.